Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring Cleaning




We have been living in our house since January and we finally got around to doing yard work this week. So bad, but we have been on the run since the beginning of the semester! Cam had finals last Saturday so he actually had time to get some things done around the yard. All I can say is wow! The last renters left the yard (and house) in shambles. Their dogs dug up holes in the backyard and the girls thought it'd be a smart idea to chuck bricks in the holes to prevent them from getting bigger. So smart, as if the dogs wouldn't go dig another one somewhere else. The girls also thought it'd be great to use the green waste bin for their dog droppings, beer cans and who knows what else inside. They didn't need it for grass clippings because why cut the grass, ever? Well they left the lid open and let water fill the can. When I tried to move the can it dumped over and splashed all the wonderful trash inside all over me. I cannot describe the smell, it was worse than any smell I experienced while working at Greenwoods and that says something! Anyway our yard is all clean and trash free. It is far from beautiful, but it is getting there:)

2 comments:

  1. SICK!! I hate it when trash can crap gets all over me!! Tell Cameron congrats on graduating - that's a lot of hard work, he should be proud of himself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO funny! I can only imagine the smell & I start dry heaving!!!!

    ReplyDelete