Friday, August 19, 2011

The Big Move!




We made it alive to Texas! As I promised some of you, I will try to keep the blog updated with our grand advendtures of Tejas. Before we could leave Utah we gave away some very special going-away gifts Cam & Jaynee style. We have an on going joke with Natalie and Layne about how great Texas is so we left them a very nice present. Friday night we decorated their yard with several posters of Texas quotes and best of all, a big Texas flag staked into their yard. In return they decorated our moving truck with caution tape and more posters. We wanted to take pics but the rain washed it all away before morning.

We drove a large Uhaul truck and trailer from Utah to Texas. It was quite the adventure and it took an extra day than we'd planned for. On our way Cam insisted that we stop at a place in Kansas called, "Praire Dog Town." So we did. It was a hole in the wall. This place was weird. The man had a cage full of living rattlesnakes, serious. Next he had an assortment full of strange, mangled animals. He had a yard full of praire dogs that had created a maze of holes around the property. He also had some mangy bison, a bobcat, coyotes, foxes, Russian boars, birds of all sorts and a donkey that guests feed dog biscuits. Last, but the very best was the two deformed cows. One had five legs, the other had six. I am not lying, I didn't believe it for myself until I saw them lying like dead bloated cows in the pen. I am so glad that we did not pass this pit stop up! I highly recommend that everyone drives to Oakley, Kansas just to see it, lol!

We arrived at our destination in Spring, Tx on Wednesday. It was the longest car trip of my life. Thanks to my dad and Rhonda who helped us get here safely! When we arrived Chelsea and her little boys greeted us with a sweet Texas cake and some homecoming gifts. The best was the Redneck Wine Glass, a mason jar attached to a wine glass stem. Very classy:) Thanks Chelsea, Bryce and Kyler!

We miss everyone back home! Hopefully we'll see you when we come back and visit! And if your ever down in the great state of Texas, come visit us!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to see the update!!! And leave it to Jaynee & Cam to find 5 legged cows. haha. I would not expect anything else from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaking Texas....We miss you guys! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete