Sunday, November 13, 2011
Our fall so far...
Hello and yes we're still alive! Sorry, this blog is much over due (sorry Schaefer)!! I really had intentions to update this much more frequently but things have been pretty busy for us! Life here in Texas is...well it's Texas, so its big:) haha. The last few months have been an adventure and we have learned so much. So far we have enjoyed our stay here in Spring, TX. I still miss home everyday but things are good and I think the 80 degree weather in November is winning me over!
Cam LOVES his grad program and has had some wonderful things come from it so far. Chevron offered him a sweet internship for this next summer. We will be moving back to Utah in May so I can finish school and Cam can do his thesis research in southern Utah. In July Cam will be moving to Midland, TX to start his internship and I will follow in August when the semester ends. Things definitely don't look to be settling down for us, but the busier the better! I on the other hand, dislike the University of Houston. It is quite possibly the worst school for undergrad transfers, and others were kind enough to warn me AFTER I started classes. But it is all part of the experience and learning process.
We have been blessed to be in such a wonderful ward and to meet such great people here. Cam and I have callings as...Nursery Leaders. Ya, I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Jaynee. A nursery leader?" haha. Actually Cam and I love our calling! We have the BEST nursery kids and they are pretty funny.
Even admidst the hectic school semester we've been able to do a lot of fun stuff.
A few of our adventures so far:
Labor Day weekend in Corpus Christi- beach, U.S.S. Lexington, and Aquarium
Astros vs Rockies baseball game (Rockies won!!)
NASA
Galveston Beach- Even in late October!!
Zoo, Aquarium
Deer Hunt
(See next post)
We've had a lot of fun and continue to do so. Hopefully I'll get better at this blogging thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really hope my bro moves to Midland now so I can come and visit the both of you!!! Nursery is the best! That is mine and Tyler's calling too!
ReplyDeleteThat would be so fun! I hope he takes it too! Let me know what he decides!
ReplyDelete